In this post I’ll share with you how you can start utilising WhatsApp marketing for your eCommerce brand.
I’m also going to share with you how we spent 11k INR and did sales of 4L rupees using WhatsApp Marketing for our own eCom brand. That’s a 40x return!
I’m also going to share with you the 3 step process that you can follow to do the same for your brand using a simple app that we use.
So we did this using an app called DelightChat, a WhatsApp marketing app that lets you create WhatsApp automations for your eCommerce business and also send broadcasts.
You can either go with Delight Chat itself or find other WhatsApp marketing apps that can help you do the same.
You can send WhatsApp messages on automations to:
- People who abandoned checkout: To get them back to your store and convert them
- People who ordered: To send an order confirmation People who chose COD to confirm: To let them confirm their orders details via
- WhatsApp People whose orders have been shipped: To let them know that their orders have been shipped
And you can send manual broadcasts to:
- Existing customers on your eCom store
- Your own database that you can upload manually
We recently sent 3 campaigns to our existing customers. We sent these campaigns to let our customers know about the new products and collections we had launched.
In the first campaign we spent close to 3200 and did sales of 2L rupees:
In the second campaign we spent close to 4k and did sales of 90k:
In the third campaign we spent around 4.5k and did sales of 1.3L
Here’s a quick example of the kind of campaigns we send. We keep them really simple:
To do this, you need to follow the following steps:
- Install any WhatsApp marketing app like Delight Chat.
- Connect your store to the app.
- Go to create a broadcast, sync/upload your customer list and create a message template.
- Create the campaign by adding a banner text and Call To Action text and link like Shop Now.
When you first get started there will be a limit of sending a broadcast to 2000-2500 customers (subject to change). This limit will increase as your send multiple broadcasts.
You can start using delight chat here.